Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Specific line on top in a line chart

Hi all,

I made a line chart with race info of a Swimming race. There are lines for all 8 swimmers in the race and the red line is my selected person.

Image.png

Cseh's line is not plotted as top line, all other lines are plotted above the red one. I can change the sortation from Page at the top to Cseh at the bottom, which gives me this view.

image2.png

However I don't like this sortation to the right. I want my selected swimmer on top and the rest can be sorted by their Rank. Does anyone have an idea how I can choose which line has to be on top without changing the sortation on the right.

Thanks in advance!

Vincent

6 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I think I've recently done something similar. Can you post a sample of your app?

Not applicable
Author

Here you go

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Is 8 always the maximum number of lines?

Not applicable
Author

For this specific analysis yes, but it would be nice if it is a solution that works independent of the number of lines.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hmmm...I'll have a think.  I have used FirstSortedValue() to dynamically create multiple expressions in a particular order before which worked pretty well, but you had to create enough expressions to deal with the maximum number you'd need.

Not applicable
Author

I have solved this by using a ARGB() statement for the color of the non-selected swimmers, which will make these lines transparant.