Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Determining intersection date of two Expressions

I've got two Expressions charted on a line chart.  I want the date on which the 2nd Expression is >= the 1st Expression, which I will then display in a Straight Table.  I've created a simplified example below.  Hoping someone can tell me how to create an Expression for my Straight table that will return this date.

First Expression is: 

TOTAL_TB - (TOTAL_TB * 0.25)

Second is simply:

T30_AVG_USED_TB

SAMPLE TABLE::

DISC_DATE

TOTAL_TBAVG_USED_TB
2003-01-02150100
2003-01-03150109
2003-01-04150120
2003-01-05150125
2003-01-06150133

In this example I would want 2003-01-04, as the first expression calculates out to 112.5, hence 120 is first occurance of AVG_USED_TB >= 112.5. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
udit_kumar_sana
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Please see the attached file.

-Hide the two expression column from presentation tab of straight table by choosing hide column option available.

Regards,

Udit,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
udit_kumar_sana
Creator II
Creator II

Hi ,

Please find here the attached file for the solution.

Regards,

Udit

Not applicable
Author

Hello Udit,

Thanks for your response and sample solution. I understand what you are doing here, but does not fully solve my problem as I only want to display the Intersection Date in my Straight Table and nothing else.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lew 

udit_kumar_sana
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

Please see the attached file.

-Hide the two expression column from presentation tab of straight table by choosing hide column option available.

Regards,

Udit,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!  This did the trick!

Best Regards,

Lew