Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Extension Logs

Hi,

We are using google maps extension and it is working fine. In a support perspective i want to track the user selection at the goole maps. Normally we have get the selection details through Qlikview logs. How to proceed with the Qlikview extension . Is the Qlikview extension logs stored by Qlikview server.

Or is there other way we can track it.

4 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey,

Extensions will log exactly the same to the audit log as normal QV objects. That said you won't get a spot on object usage log through the audit log since QV logs selections being made in the data. But if you have only have latitude/longitude exposed through the google maps extension then that will show up in the log whenever they select something in the extension.

I might be wrong regarding the logging of object usage, it's been a while since I played around with the logs.

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your response Alexander Karisson. We have pushpins and heatmap in the Googlemaps something we can relate to Wheather maps..

One is the usage logs and other is the error handling of Extension objects.

How we can do the error handling of extension objects....?

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Well extension objects are client side javascript "plugins" so there is no server side logging once the extension has initilized. If you want to do any error logging that has to be inserted into the extension code base itself.

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thnaks Alexander, It was a very useful information.