Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Event triggers

Is there any possibility to make them? For exp I need trigger that should run macro when the specific object is minimazed?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I confirm that you can't, I'd tried that, and ther was a long post about that a few weeks ago, I had to use button, macro and variable, objects are hide/show depending on the variable.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

As far as my understanding goes on Qlikview, I believe you cannot Trigger a Event when you minimize the objects.

But you can trigger an event while you negativing b/w sheets and etc..,

If i`m wrong some one can correct me Smile

- Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

I confirm that you can't, I'd tried that, and ther was a long post about that a few weeks ago, I had to use button, macro and variable, objects are hide/show depending on the variable.

Not applicable
Author

Flovit88's description sounds like my experience (I may have added an overly complicated option to that thread Big Smile).

One way to do it is to remove the Minimize button from a chart and create a new button which will minimize the chart and perform the necessary actions. And really, if you're using a button, you might as well just hide/show the chart instead.

Maybe if you describe a little more of what you're trying to do, we can suggest a workaround.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Although there is no trigger on mimimize, you can try using OnActivate and OnDeactivate, apparently with combination with some additional conditions. Unless you minimize an object by macro, you have to click on something, that is activate.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you all, I gave up from that kind of aproach