Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data model calendar

Hello,

I have 3 tables.

Defect: DetectedDate, ClosedDate

Request: RequestID, OpenDate, ClosedDate

TimeLog: RequestID, LogDate

I want to use a master calendar to persist date selections in my reports using Defect.DetectedDate, Request.ClosedDate, and TimeLog.LogDate.

The issue is that I also want Request.RequestID to join with TimeLog.RequestID.  How can I achieve both?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't do both. I think you should create more calendars. See this discussion for more information. You could use a calendar data island if you want to select one date and find the matching records with that date in all your date fields. See this tutorial

edit: You can concatenate the fields for your key first and apply autonumber to that:

autonumber(ProjectName & DefectID) as MyKey

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't do both. I think you should create more calendars. See this discussion for more information. You could use a calendar data island if you want to select one date and find the matching records with that date in all your date fields. See this tutorial

edit: You can concatenate the fields for your key first and apply autonumber to that:

autonumber(ProjectName & DefectID) as MyKey

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you, that's guiding me down the right path.

Any idea how to generate autonumbers?  My defect table has a compound key (ProjectName + DefectID = Primary Key).  I'd rather convert the two fields to an integer rather than concatenate the two fields.

Thank you