cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Accessing document reload properties on the server brings it down

Hi allm

this is very frustrating.

Our QlikView server is very unreliable at the best of time and often requires a reboot of the box or fills up with logs.

recently though, I have been trying to access the reload properties of one of our qvw's and I just get the 'processing' animation appear for ages and then an error window:

"A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host failed to respond"

with that, the server then goes 'down'

The Access Point either displays a red Message: No Server  or just displays the 'loading content' banner.

I have to then stop and start the services to bring it back up.

I'm using version 11.

can anybody suggest things to look at?

Many thanks in advance,

Matt

4 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Matt, is it a really big QVW?

Try moving the share and meta files to another folder, also try using a different browser than IE.

Not applicable
Author

Hi daniel,

it read in a lot of data (in the form of qvds)

and reloads perfectly fine

its just when I go in and try to access the reload schedule now...

once I then restart the services and the Access Point is back up, everything runs smoothly.

apart from the occassionaly down time due to logs etc.

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, Matt

I experienced this before.

That time the qvw was not so big, but apparently I had problems with shared and meta files.

So if you move those files to another folder (or delete them) the server will just recreate fresh files.

In my case, it fixed the problem.

It was a long time ago. Now, I also suggest you try to run QlikView Power Tool on those .shared and .meta files to check if they are ok.

Maybe a defrag will help ( from Power Tools)

Please, report your result.

Best Regards,

Erich

MichaelTerenzi
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi Matt,

I agree with Erich, it sounds like a problem with the .shared file. DO NOT defrag it however, as that has been known to cause even more problems.

What you should do is open the .shared file with the Shared File Viewer and simply resave it. It will make a backup for you and if you reload it most of the pink/red coloring should be gone. You might have to save it a second time.

Absolutely do not defrag it.

Cheers,

Michael