Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Fix the sort order in a straight table

Hi,

I have a straight table, which has so many expressions.

I want to sort the table always with one expression value.

How can i do that using macro or any other method?

i have prev and next button implemented. Clicking that some expressions will be shown and others will be hidden.

so i want to sort the table based on a single expression always, even if it is hidden also.

If a user has changed the sort by clicking some column, then click on next button should retain the sort order back to the previous sort order.

How can we do that?

15 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

If you dont want user to double click and change the sort then you do following setting.

Go to Sort tab -> Uncheck the "Allow interactive sort".

This will not allow user to change the sort.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Problem with macro is: when it is activated it takes the current 8th expression from the chart...

when you are hiding the expressions then it gives wrong sorting...

the only trick which is coming to my mind is...

lets say you are having exp1 on which you need to sort your table...

take exp1 2 times in your table... now you will get two colomns with same expression that is exp1.

now make the Text color white for one of the column and header lable a space.. so that one column should not be visible..

now use that column no in your macro....

HTH

Sushil

Not applicable
Author

But I have around 120 expressions in a table, it keeps changing on clicking the next button,

so i cannot use that expression multiple times in the table.

I want to restrict the sort to use only the 1st "8th" expression as the sort order,

but in the above macro, it changes for the current "8th" expression.

And client requirement is, they should be able to sort every column manually, so i cannot restrict them from sorting manually. but i want the sort to retain even if they sort it manually on clicking a button.

sushil353
Master II
Master II

Dear Surya,

Make some dummy data and create a sample app...

without seeing your application it is difficult to give exact solution...

HTh

Sushil

Not applicable
Author

Sushil,

There are so many combinations for getting the data.
To prepare data itself it will take time and we are working now for a deliverable today.

so not able to prepare sample data now.

sushil353
Master II
Master II

any screenshots.. to explain your required functionality?