Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Cluster server

Dear

i'm working on a client's site who got QlikView server 11 with Publisher

Now he wants to install QlikView cluster server

Is there any documentation on how to install this cluster server? how to configure it and how documents will be deployed....

Please advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
9 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

Qlikview cluster server is not a separate installation. You can install qlikview server on two separate machines and cluster between them.

For that you need qlikview server license only, in lef you will have the information whether you can cluster or not.

Also, you can refer Qlikview server reference manual in which you will have detailed, step by step implementation of how clustering is done.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Amay

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Yes I got the new license

where shall I apply it on the 2 servers?

how can I make documents accessible from 2 servers?

ACCESS POINT?

what about CALS

please advise

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

As Amay said there is no seperate installation, but yes their is seperate License for QlikView Cluster.

Your normal license will not work. If you use your normal license your server will go off duty.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Ok the new license should be applied on the 2 servers?

Not applicable

Yes, but only if the license lef has cluster in it...Otherwise one of your server will be down / off duty.

Regards,

Amay

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You are right. If you have Cluster license then you will be applying on both the server.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Now how can I make source documents available to both servers?

and how will this affect on the tasks that are previously created on the first server?

I didn't find anything related to this on the QlikView server reference manaual!!

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You will need to create a new task on the Other server.

Have a look at the document attached, hope this will help in understanding the clustering.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can go through the below link for more help.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/51253

Also have a look at the document attached.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki