Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic Maps

Hello

I am trying to solve a complex problem in QlikView using maps.

Background:

In my data set that is a single excel data file I have 6 data feilds with following names - Lat1, Long1, Lat2, Long2, Lat3, Long3

These data columns contain latitude and longitude in them.

I have other three data fields Opt1, Opt2, Opt 3 (Option data fields) which contains values 1 or 0

Data:

So the data looks like this in my excel sheet:

Opt1Lat1Long1Opt2Lat2long2Opt3Lat3Long3
155-1.522816145-1.5342046-1.6788

135-1.5782023-1.7234

025-1.5834145-1.8654
170-1.465453051-1.5888169-1.5761

QlikView Objects: Now I need to have a UK map in Qlikview and a drop down box that contains option - Option1, Option2, Option3.

Action:

• When I select Option1 from the drop down list then the map should show only the Lat1 and Long1 locations on the UK map that have Opt1 value equal 1.
  • When I select Option2 from the drop down list then the map should show only the Lat2 and Long2 locations on the UK map that have Opt2 value equal 1.
  • When I select Option3 from the drop down list then the map should show only the Lat3 and Long3 locations on the UK map that have Opt3 value equal 1.

**I tried to use the google maps but I need to have some key and when I search for that key the google web page says that they are not available**

Kindly help, If you need more info please let me know. I will provide more details.

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Problem #1 - there are no dimensions in your chart.  The "Country" filed doesn't exist.

Problem #2 - you're using old expression for the dynamic image, with old url and with google key - see my notes above

Regards,

Michael

Edit: See attached.  I only fixed your map dynmaic image, and replaced Country with 1.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

One more attached.  For illustration purposes, I added 3rd expression for the bubble size, changed dimension to Latitude1, and removed legend.

Not applicable
Author

Hey Experts

You guys have been really helpful I was finally able to implement google maps in my QlikView document.

Now I am stuck on the map size. I tried to change it but was not able to.

Can anyone tell me if there is anyway we can change the size of the map.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Guys

Now I am able to successfully plot the google map in Qlikview but I am stuck in coloring problem.

My data set contains 19,000 Long and Lat coordinates for a specific city and these 19,000 coordinates are grouped in 8 different segements or groups.

I want to display all these 19,000 coordinates but in different color segments.

So for eg. All coordinates in segement 1 will be red, all coordinates in segement 2 will be blue ....