Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Seach object displaying differents onl web vs desktop

Hi folks -

Since we went to 11.2 a couple weeks ago, it looks like search objects are rendering differently on the web than in the desktop cilent.  On the client, the search object is set to display with rounded corners, and also automatically has a scrollable list of values.  On the web, the same search object is rendering with squared off edges and also without the list.  Is this a bug, or do we need to set something differently?

Thanks,

Amy Miller

7 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Amy, are you sure you're not seeing the Ajax client on the server with the square corners?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel -

On the server, viewed through the web (full browser mode), the search object appears with squared corners.  On the desktop client in regular design mode, it has rounded ones.  On the cilent, but in web preview mode, corners are also squared (and the list of values disappears).

This definitely wasn't the behavior - at least as far as respecting the corner setting - in our prior QV10.

Thanks.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Amy, as you're probably aware there are two possible clients to access an application through web browser, one is IE Plugin, which you need to install separately, that resembles a lot the desktop client and the Ajax client, that has minor layout differences.

IE Plugin, as the desktop does, will show search objects with rounded cornes when configured to do that. Ajax client will not.

I believe you're not accessing the application through the IE Plugin as you used to do in QV10.

Not applicable
Author

Daniel -

I am aware of that, but am seeing the same behavior also in Firefox and Chrome.  I thought only IE needed the plugin?

Thanks.

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Firefox and Chrome can only use the Ajax client. There might be some minor layout differences between both clients.

Not applicable
Author

Ok, understood.  But I'm not sure where that leaves my original issue. Shouldn't the Ajax client and IE Plugin be respecting the client design settings?  They did in QV10....

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

As I just said, there might be minor layout discrepancies between both clients.

IE Plugin will look just like the desktop version, Ajax will not look exactly the same. QV10 behaved in the exact same way.