Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Java client error - file not found

IE client works fine - but Java client gives the following:

Error!:

File not found

The requested document was not found.

Then - Couldn't be started with document: Test.qvw

It will list the documents OK in accesspoint and the sample html page for Java clients but will not load. I'm sure that the old sample documents used to work when Server first installed but not any more!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I was able to resolve this problem by doing a full uninstall, deleting the entire HKLM/Software/Qliktech key, and then reinstalling. Reinstalling without deleting the key didn't solve the problem. I suspect this issue stems from the creation of the DocumentsFolderJava entry and that once it's created, simply deleting it does not resolve the issue.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Did you ever find an answer to this issue? I'm having the same problem and it's very frustrating...

Not applicable
Author

Try looking the qlikview server log files. If the message "no anonymous access allowed" (or something like this) appears, then you should go to qemc/system/setup, choose the webserver and in the AJAX tab uncheck the "always anonymous"

In my case it worked.

Not applicable
Author

<quote>

Try looking the qlikview server log files. If the message "no anonymous access allowed" (or something like this) appears, then you should go to qemc/system/setup, choose the webserver and in the AJAX tab uncheck the "always anonymous"

</quote>

Hi bigakis.

I'm having the same problem as mdaniels and I also get the error "no anonymous access allowed" in the log file, but where do I fix this? In my Qlikview Management console I do not have a system tab!?

Not applicable
Author

I'm running QV 8.5

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I was able to resolve this problem by doing a full uninstall, deleting the entire HKLM/Software/Qliktech key, and then reinstalling. Reinstalling without deleting the key didn't solve the problem. I suspect this issue stems from the creation of the DocumentsFolderJava entry and that once it's created, simply deleting it does not resolve the issue.

Not applicable
Author

I am experiencing exactly the same situation.

The application that I am trying to access is located in a mounted folder rather than the root path.

Looking at the Qlikview Server Log, when the application is loaded using the plugin, the file path used is of the form

(drive):\(Qlikview_mounted_folder_path)\(app_name).QVW

When the java client is attempted, the file path used is of the form

(drive):\(Qlikview_root_folder_path)\(Qlikview_mounted_folder_name)\\(Qlikview_mounted_folder_path)\(app_name).QVW

The path used by the java client is not a valid host file path, and so Qlikview returns a "file not found" error. Any way around this that does not involve restructuring our host directories would be appreciated.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Why don't you create manually the missing folder, and set up a scheduled task to sync QVW files every 10 minutes? . XCOPY /D will copy only newer files , so it has low CPU usage

xcopy /C /D /Y X:\Qlikview_mounted_folder_path\*.QVW X:\Qlikview_root_folder_path\Qlikview_mounted_folder_name\Qlikview_mounted_folder_path

This assumes there is enough disk space. If there are many files, look how to create Unix style "links" between folders. Those do not consume disk space and need no sync task, but never managed to get them work under Windows.

-Alex