Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jindrichk
Contributor II
Contributor II

Best Practice for Date formatting

Hi,

I would like to find the way how to format data to date format so they will load as fast as possible.

I can see two ways:

1. Do it in script - i.e. date (MyDateField, 'DD/MM/YYY')
  2. Do it in Properties / Number / Override Document Settings for each displayed field.

The case is to speed up load / reload time to max. I don't consider design time right now. The goal is to format several fields to several format, so changing Document Settings is not a way.

Thanks for all comments,

Jindra

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you want maximum load performance and don't care about UI performance then don't format it in the script. I doubt you'll notice any difference in load time though. Best practise is to fix things as much as possible in the script so you have the cleanest data model (and data) and best performance in the UI.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you want maximum load performance and don't care about UI performance then don't format it in the script. I doubt you'll notice any difference in load time though. Best practise is to fix things as much as possible in the script so you have the cleanest data model (and data) and best performance in the UI.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
er_mohit
Master II
Master II

Do it in script as use of

date(date#(datefield,'DD/MM/YYYY'),'DD-MM-YYYY') as Date

here 1st format is your date field format and 2nd one is which format is you desired

hope it helps you

jindrichk
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks a lot for those quick replies.