Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrus
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Real server ( Dynamic update)

Could somebody send an example how to set up "real time server" on QV11?

I read that for this I need to use DynamicUpdate macro, but how to trigger it? (For example when in SQL was inserted new sales line)

best regards,

Andrus

4 Replies
Troy_Raney
Digital Support
Digital Support

Dynamic Update is an additional feature to be purchased on top of the standard QlikView Server license.

The intended usage of Dynamic Update allows a QlikView Administrator to:

- feed limited amounts of data in to a QlikView document

- from a single source

- without running a reload of the document

Analysis can then be performed by multiple clients connecting to the QlikView Server

I attached an older example. I hope this helps.

Not applicable

Hi, Troy. This document says, seprate licence is not needed anymore since QlikView version 11 SR. Could you please confirm? Regards, Martin

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Martin,

That is true, but the reason for that is two fold. One it is going away and will not be supported in a future release. The other is that it never really worked very well. It is limited in the amount of data it could handle. Also, on a server restart the data is lost until you do a reload.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

Hi, Bill.

Thanks for your answer. I just want to make double check with you since real time data update functionality is very critical for our client.

Does it mean that:

• "Dynamic Data Update" functionality will be disabled in the future QV releases
  • or "Real-time Server" will be discontinued in the future and replaced by Dynamic Data Update?

Thanks for your clarification. Martin