Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calendar with From and To Date

Hi,

I was wondering if someone would be able to assist me with an issue I am having.  I am writing a report on Qlikview to view all data for two peices of software called 'Maximo' and 'Syclo'.  However the people who have asked me to do this, have asked me to create a calendar object to search for a from and to date. 

They want to be able to put in information such as 01-APR-12 to 15-MAY-12, which will pull through all information that was logged between 1st April 2012 and the 15th May 2012. 

However the field in which the data was logged is called the logdate, and it a Timestamp format.

I tried creating a calendar with a from and to date, but the from date did not include that specific day, (in the example above, it would not include the 15th May for Example). 

I have attached a copy of the Qlikview file, if anyone wants to take a look to see how the data is represented.

Regards,

Jon Ditchfield

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
omyahamburg
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Jon

try to change with your button to

='>=' & Date(vStartDate, 'DD/MM/YYYY') & '<=' & Date(vEndDate+1, 'DD/MM/YYYY')

Hope it works.

Joerg

View solution in original post

3 Replies
omyahamburg
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Jon

try to change with your button to

='>=' & Date(vStartDate, 'DD/MM/YYYY') & '<=' & Date(vEndDate+1, 'DD/MM/YYYY')

Hope it works.

Joerg

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jon,

Joerg's suggestion should work fine. If you want to you could always just create a nother field in your load script call date and remove the time stamp from the field

i.e.

Final:

LOAD *,

MakeDate(Year(LogDate),Month(LogDate),Day(LogDate)) as Date

RESIDENT Table1;

DROP TABLE Table1;

Then in your vMin and vMax variables just change which field it points to and use the new one you created

Cheers,

Byron

Not applicable
Author

See attached, hope it helps