Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Auto Adjust the Size of the Screen

I design my dashboards on a 24 inch wide screen monitor. When viewers log in to see the dashboards, most of whom are using more square monitors the graphs get cut off. Is there a way to have the dashboards auto resize to the viewing monitor's aspect ratio?

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I don't think there is. You can tell the users to activate the option "fit zoom to window size" and the option the apply the zoom to all sheets, however, it won't ever be automatic. What we usually do is develop or adjust the application to the lowest screen resolution of the user.

Regards

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Actually there is at least one way. You can use the following macro OnActivate of each sheet:

Sub Zoom ActiveDocument.GetApplication.WaitForIdle ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet.FitZoomToWindowEnd Sub

Further functions and documentation may be found in the "API Guide.qvw" file under your C:\Program Files\QlikView\Documentation folder

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Does the action work with the Ajax client?? I think there are some issues out there regarding actions that does not trigger with Ajax??, has anyone tested this method?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

In my applications it doesn't work in AJAX OnActivate, but it does with IE Plugin (vs9 and 10).

Not applicable
Author

Yes!!! you are right, it works with the plugin. It's a good solution. The thing about the ajax and actions worries me, it means that the clients have to be running Windows OS, at least when you use actions in the apps, I hope Qliktech fix it soon.

Regards

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

To flush this out a bit more for people unfamiliar with macro:

Go to Tools -> Edit Module

Add Miguel's code at the bottom of the window:

Sub Zoom
ActiveDocument.GetApplication.WaitForIdle
ActiveDocument.ActiveSheet.FitZoomToWindow
End Sub

Click "OK"

Go to the sheet you want to auto resize and then go to Setting -> Sheet Properties

Select the "Triggers" tab

Click the "Add Action(s)..." button under OnActiveSheet

Click Add

Select "External" from the left hand list and "Run Macro" from the right hand list. Click "OK"

Type "Zoom" under Macro Name

Click "OK" until you have exited all the windows.

Not applicable
Author

This worked for me on one sheet. When I added the macro to the sheet properties of multiple sheets the user gets a pop-up saying:

"Macro parse failed. Functionality was lost"

The re-size works; but the sheet becomes very buggy and unusable.

Any Idea what is wrong?

UPDATE: The cause of my problem was that I was using the Qlikview IE plugin Version 7. This version allows the user to rename sheets. for some reason it doesnt work well with the macro. I uninstalled version 7 and reinstalled version 3. The Macro works fine now.

Thanks.

anuradhaa
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

This is grate and it works in my desktop. but how can i use it in my server. we users see my reports in webview. how can i use this option in there.

Please help me, i'm new to here and i couldn't find that documents you hav mentiuond.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

I had trouble getting it to work on the server as well.

I found that it works fine if you take out the line "ActiveDocument.GetApplication.WaitForIdle"