Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Re-tracing my steps: Why is the font colour locked?

Hi,

I have a straight table object in my current document. The header row and column are coloured, the formula-columns, too. To adapt the look to a presentation I have that has been negotiated with management, I would like to make the text and figures appear in white in the coloured cells.

I can do this using the SQL statement (e.g. >white([formula]<), but then the figures disappear behind the cell somehow. In the case of the header row and column, I cannot do this at all, on the "font" tab of the properties dialog, the font colour is locked for some reason.

Can anybody help me in getting the font colour set to white?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

2 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi again,

as for the formulas, I have resolved that by using the "visual cues" tab in the properties dialog. I don't understand, however, why the keyword WHITE() in the expression makes it disappear?

Any clarification here would be very welcome!

Moreover, I still don't know how to achieve the same effect in the header row and column.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Okay, this is solved 😉

I just realized I can also set a text colour in the "cell formatting" context menu 😉 It is always fascinating to note how many problems can be solved by logical thinking 😉

Best regards,

DataNibbler