Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Comparing different values

Is it possible to compare different values?

Lets say I select two different companies, would it be possible to see separate charts and tables for each selected company so that I could compare them visually?

8 Replies
sbaldwin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Take a look at using Alternate States, its probably the quickest way to do what you are after.

Thanks

Steve

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi,

Did you checked about the Trellis

Not applicable
Author

Could it be done using Trellis chart? I just don't know if it's possible to use selected companies as a dimension

Not applicable
Author

you could try set analysis and variables

selections by variables are usually independet from each other, so oyu could compare $vCompanyA

and $vCompanyB

IF(

sum({<[Monat_num]={$(vCompanyA)}>}Bundesl.SortNR)

=

sum({<[Monat_num]={$(vCompanyB)}>}Bundesl.SortNR),

'same','different')

Not applicable
Author

If possible I would like to compare more than two companies. I have a box with all the companies so if the user selects 5 companies in that box, would it be possible to show 5 different charts?

Or would I have to limit the number of companies the user could select? And then have multiple listboxes where user selects one company in one box and then another company in another box?

Not applicable
Author

I tried trellis and managed to get it to display charts for all selected companies but for some reason the charts look different if compared to a normal chart. Some of the expressions look the same but some are different. I have an idea it might be smth to do with set analysis which I'm using.

Not applicable
Author

Yes

Not applicable
Author

yes, both ways are possible.

you can compare as many companys as you like, but you have to define a max number.

you have to create as many charts and select boxes as your max number if you want to compare charts side by side.

but you can compare a variable number of values in one chart. then you only need 1 select box and 1 chart.

maybe this helps
http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2012/05/25/a-closer-look-at-the-comparative-analy...