Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

extension visible Via AccessPoint but not via QV Desktop

I have the QV server installed on my local machine along with QV 11  SR2  Client . I have a few qvw  documents loaded on the server along with thier extensions that  work very well when opened from the AccessPoint page. However if I try to open the same document from the QV client  (via Open in Server) the extension charts  are not visible .I almost appears that the Qv client  are opening the docs in non AJAX view. 

I can open these same docs  from a client folder in Webview  and they work there as well ( as I loaded  the extensions on the QV client also). Is this the way it is supposed to work  or am I missing something?

Mike

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

The behaviour you're seeing is correct. Since extensions are comprised of JavaScript and HTML (and other Web technologies) they will only render in either a browser or when using Webview in QlikView Desktop. They will NOT render in the IE plugin or QlikView Desktops standard view. Even when connected to a QVW using the Open in Server option you will still need to use Webview to view any extensions in the QVW.

I hope that helps.

Thanks

Nick

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nick;

OK , this makes sense , however  you will notice also  that using the Open in Server  connection via QV Desktop

you don't even  have the ability to  toggle to webview (it's disabled)  so it appears that  you can only use  AccessPoint to enable the extensions loaded on the QvServer  .

Thanks for the Clarification

Mike