Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Command Centre stays disconnected after upgrade to version 9

After upgrading to version 9 the command centre stays disconnected. I've upgraded the QVPR database with the upgrade tool. I understand the qlikview enterprise management console should also be available even without a full license to publisher. Everything else is working fine (that is qlikview server, clients, plugins, scheduling etc. etc.).

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction.

error loading image

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

When you ran the upgrade did you completely delete the the qvpr folder in the \all users\command center folder before replacing with the qvprto folder? This is very important if you just copy over the existing it will merge data and cause issues.

hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

When you ran the upgrade did you completely delete the the qvpr folder in the \all users\command center folder before replacing with the qvprto folder? This is very important if you just copy over the existing it will merge data and cause issues.

hope this helps!

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the tip, i will see if it works.
I followed the recommendations on page 4 and 5 from the 9.00 build 7119 release notes, i don't see this information in the list.
I'll get back on this.

Not applicable
Author

I'm getting a little confused.
There's no folder QVPR in the all users/qliktech/publisher/CommandCenter folder or anywhere else. I suppose this was automatically deleted by the install of version 9. I checked once more, this was also not mentioned in the release notes.
When i ran the upgrade tool once more it stated again that it was going to upgrade a 8.5 database to 9.0. After a succesfull upgrade i manually copied the new QVPRTO folder to the all users folder mentioned above. I rebooted the box, still the same result, no connection.

The box is not (really) a production machine, there's little configuration needed for publisher when i start from scratch. Karl could you or anyone else help me with this, what's the best way to go?
Thanks in advance!

Not applicable
Author

I got it working now.

The problem was the old command center folder, i renamed it, ran the upgrade tool once more and copied the QVPRTO folder in a new Command Center folder and named it QVPR, it started working immediately.

Thanks for your help Karl.

beisse
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Karl,

i have exactly the same, but i am not using xml-repository, do you have any idea how this should work with an sql DB ?

Running the upgrade tool, shows the db in version 8.5 and finishes with upgrade successful, but DB stays on version 8.5 ?

regards

Max