Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Persistent colors / Cyclic Group / Fast Change

Hi,

I'm trying to create a chart with Fast Change (Bar, Pie). I'm using a Cyclic Group to cycle through all the dims. Now, for the dim business units I have defined fixed colors in an inline table. Works well. But, I'm having trouble to keep the colors correct in the Pie chart when switching to other dims than the business unit. It shows a multicolored legend and black pie chart (default color probably). This doesn't appear in the Bar chart (it stays blue for all dims), only with Pie. Check the code on the background color of the expression. Take a look at example.  Thx, Zach.

3 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

to control everything set always alternatives so if not 'Business Unit I've used rgb(100,100,100), set your color and it works

If(GetCurrentField([Cyclic_Dims])='Business Unit', RGB(R, G, B), rgb(100,100,100))

hope it hrelps

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I would prefer not to set an alternative. The alternative should be the default color scheme. For the Bar chart this works out as I expected. For the Pie chart not. When I use a fixed alternative the whole Pie (logically) is in one color. If I leave out the alternative the Pie's legend shows as multicolored with default colors (as I want it do be), only it doesn't pull through to the individuel pie's. Any other ideas? Thanks again, Zach.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

what about setting the colors manually for each occurrences of all the possible dimensions?