cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robinsond31
Contributor
Contributor

Object to identify Missing/Unmatched

Is there a simple way to set up and object to identify records in one table that have missing or unmatched fields in another table? I tried setting up a table box, a pivot table chart, and a straight table chart, and I was not able to get what I wanted.

I have two tables. One loads shipment information. The other is a manually updated excel table that has conversion factors for units of measures. If a shipment is made with a new or previously unused product, I have to add a record with unit of measure conversion factors in the excel table. I would like an object to show me immediately after data refresh if I need to add a new record.

3 Replies
robinsond31
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Is there anyone out there who can help with this?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can do this in script. Something like shown below.

Sales:

Load Product_Code, Date,Sales From Sales;

Left join

Load Product_Code, Product_Information from Product.xls;

Sales_Final:

Load *,if(isnull(Product_Information),'No Info Available','Info Available') as Product_Info_Identifier

Resident Sales;

Drop table Sales;

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
robinsond31
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Kaushik,

I was looking for something more like a text box or pivot table. I did find a solution. A pivot table with a NullCount aggregate function on a field in the table that would have missing data.

Thanks for your help.

David