usd60s

when i insert this field in my dashboard, all the above values i can see

can i restrict the field not to show 'g10' in dashboard

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't understand what you want.

You can create an expression for a listbox so g10 no longer shows in that listbox. =if(category<> 'g10' , category).

But the value g10 still exists and will be shown in other charts if you don't make a selection in category first that doesn't include g10.

If you want to remove it completely, first select the value, then the select excluded values and then reduce the data by choosing Reduce Data in the File menu and the select Keep Possible Values. That way g10 is gone until you reload the document.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

First select g10 in the listbox, then right click the listbox and choose excluded values.

Not applicable
Author

while i right clikc i see option as "Select Excluded" but while i do that i still see g10 greyed out in the field.

i want g10 not to feature only in teh filed box. is it possible

thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't understand what you want.

You can create an expression for a listbox so g10 no longer shows in that listbox. =if(category<> 'g10' , category).

But the value g10 still exists and will be shown in other charts if you don't make a selection in category first that doesn't include g10.

If you want to remove it completely, first select the value, then the select excluded values and then reduce the data by choosing Reduce Data in the File menu and the select Keep Possible Values. That way g10 is gone until you reload the document.

anandathome
Creator
Creator

Hi Matharsu,

The expression given by Gilbert is correct to exclude it from the chart or table.

But you will have to include this expression in all other objects.

If category is a dimension, go to dimensions tab,

click on Category --> Edit and then write the expression

=if(category<> 'g10' , category).

Then give the Label as "Category".

This should solve your problem.

Not applicable
Author

its a field which i have inserted in dashboard

thus the above expression works but adds as a additional column along with the original category column

anandathome
Creator
Creator

Could you please provide a sample .qvw file to have look at exact problem.

Not applicable
Author

its ok ... i will make the user understand