Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Folder Security

Hi,

I am trying to setup Folder Security using AD Security and having an issue whereby I have setup the security on a folder to include the users that should have access.  I have removed all other users.  However, even with this setup users can still see the Qlikview Apps within the folder they should not have access to within the Access Point.  Has anybody seen this before?  Do I need to explicilty deny users/groups access to a folder?

Thanks

Nilesh

3 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Nilesh, are you sure your server has NTFS setup as the authorization method?

Also, have you removed the default users group from the folder security? have you made sure the security settings are being inherited by the files? Are you distributing the QVWs using publisher or manually setting authorization through the management console?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

Nilesh, are you sure your server has NTFS setup as the authorization method?

Yes, the server has NTFS setup.

Also, have you removed the default users group from the folder security? have you made sure the security settings are being inherited by the files? Are you distributing the QVWs using publisher or manually setting authorization through the management console?

After playing around with the problem it looks like when we publish the document using Publisher, it does not inherit the folder security and simply uses the Groups/Users we configure in the publisher task.  Is there a way of configuring in Publisher to use inherited security instead?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, you need to add only the users or groups in publisher that have rights to the document.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.