Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView dashboard with maps (offline)

Hi!

I'm new to QlikView.

I should create a report (dashboard) with data on a map. The report must be accessible from a web browser (on desktop systems and mobile devices also - so, flash components are prohibited).

My requirements are:

1) Map must be detailed (with streets, buildings, etc.) - like the Google maps. It is not enough to have a map with big regions only.

2) We should put data on the map as points (for instance, circles) with different color (not size) depending on the value range the data point value belongs to.

3) The user should be able to select a region (an arbitrary polygon with mouse clicks) on the map and some value must be calculated for this region (sum/count/min/max/etc of data points values)

4) The user should be able to click on the data point on the map and view information about the point (latitude, longitude, value, id for the point and so on)

5) Map must work offline because there is no access to the public internet.

So, questions:

1. As far as I know there are no maps integrated in QlikView, so, I should choose an extension. Correct?

2. Are there any suitable extensions?

Thanks in advance

7 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

"5) Map must work offline because there is no access to the public internet."

This will disqualify 99% of the mapping options. Let's assume you don't need "real" offline support meaning your clients don't have internet access but only internal network access.

You would have to host an internal GIS server and build your own extensions to integrate that into QV. Not sure what an average GIS implementation costs nowadays but I'm guessing it's not cheap.

If however your clients are allowed to access the big scary world wide web then there is alot of extensions available to suit your need. Either partner solutions, check out market.qlik.com for more info, or you could look into http://community.qlik.com/thread/75666

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi,

you could run an OpenStreetMap Tiles Server in your local network or on the QlikView machine. Then you can build an extension to use it "offline" without any internet access.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
RickWild64
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

You can set up a local GIS database using open source resources (I have a PostGIS/PostGreSQL setup).which you can populate with public domain data as well as creating your own.

GeoQlik can interact with PostGIS setup. At least one of the community extension objects can access a local map server, and I have in the past simply used .png versions of map tiles at different scales as the dynamic image background to a scatter chart to create a stand alone app.

advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

As Ralf suggested OSM would be the best choice. Get the latest API key of Open Street Map (open source) and integrate with qlikview. The maps are also details and precise.

Thanks

Advait

Join the official Qlik Enthusiast's page here
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6513382/
RickWild64
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

How do you make this work offline?

Not applicable
Author

Is the selecion  following point possible withe the Google Maps Extension with Markers?

ybeloglazov schrieb:

3) The user should be able to select a region (an arbitrary polygon with mouse clicks) on the map and some value must be calculated for this region (sum/count/min/max/etc of data points values)

Tried it already but didn't found the way to do this.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

How did you make it work with stationary pictures to allude dynamics? Was the result satisfied? Would you say that it is easier to setup?

Is the online map extension solution really that important?