Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ggerber
Contributor II
Contributor II

Reduce and Distribute a document via Publisher

Hi

Currently I use publisher to reload ad distribute my models.

I use the Loop Field in Document to add AD security to the model.  This works 100%.  The field I use is QV User which sits in a table that is not link to any data in the model.

Now I want to reduce the model per company (Field "COMPANY" is link to rest of data in the models) by using Reduce by Field option.  This works 100%.

The problem I sit with is that after the model is reduced to 5 smaller models, users see all 5 models, but can only access 1 model (the one to which they have access).  I would like that the user can only see the model to which he have access and not all 5. 

Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would create a link table

LOAD

* INLINE [

User, Comapny

Bill, A

Bob, B

Steve, C

Sam, D

John, E

]
;

Now you have the users linked to the Comapnies.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kouroshkarimi
Creator III
Creator III

If you publish the models to seperate folders on the server you could set the AD rights for each folder individually within the folder properties (set up a group in server manager, makes it easier). That is what I do to stop one legal entity seeing documents from the other.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would create a link table

LOAD

* INLINE [

User, Comapny

Bill, A

Bob, B

Steve, C

Sam, D

John, E

]
;

Now you have the users linked to the Comapnies.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.