Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can QlikView Launch Java Rich Client Program?

Hi all,

May I ask whether it's possible to integrate QlikView with a standalone java RICH CLIENT program?

The way I see it, QlikView is more of a web-based / browser application that allows integration with .NET, VB, AJAX etc.

My current system is a java rich client program. I would like to use this QlikView for display as a dashboard, but I would also like to click on a link within the dashboard and launch certain UIs in my current system.

Please kindly advise.

Thanks.

Steve

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Steve,

you can start an external program on QlikView desktop with a button action (external/launch). You can pass parameter to the application.

On the server you can only open an URL. Maybe Java web start could help you there.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Steve,

you can start an external program on QlikView desktop with a button action (external/launch). You can pass parameter to the application.

On the server you can only open an URL. Maybe Java web start could help you there.

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ralf,

May I ask whether you have an sample code of how to make use of java web start within QlikView to call a java rich client program?

Conversely, how should i go about doing it if I want to invoke the QlikView URL from my java client program.

Thanks.