Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression is not visible in Expression Overview window

qlik.jpg

Two expressions in the variable overview window shown above are not visible in Expression overview window. Please let me know where can be the problem?

First expression is :

sum([# Transported Passengers])  / Sum ([# Available Seats])

Second expression is :

sum([# Departures Performed]) / sum([# Departures Scheduled])

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

In that case make sure you created the gauge chart on page 175. That's where you should have created the expression you're trying to find in the Expression Overview window.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's because they are not expression objects, but the content of variables. Only expression objects such as defined in charts are shown in the expression overview.

Not applicable
Author

But in the book I am referring, the author has shown an example, where I can see the expressions created using  variable overview window in Expression overview window.

please find the screen shots below.  ( In the below screen shot, author is mentioning to replace the expression created in variable overview window)

qlikview.png

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

here you use your set your expression which you want to calculate in variable

so, despite of using that expression in your chart you use there your variable name.

and it works

because here you set your expression in variable

hope it helps

Gysbert_Wassenaar

In that case make sure you created the gauge chart on page 175. That's where you should have created the expression you're trying to find in the Expression Overview window.

Not applicable
Author

@Gysbert,

You were right. Thank you.

yduval75
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I think it's because you have implemented a section access in your application.