Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with Left join

Hi,

When I left join Table 2 to Table 1  the Amount becomes null any particular reason.

Table 1                    Table 2

ID                               ID

Branch                        Amount

Dept

Date

11 Replies
er_mohit
Master II
Master II

see the attached file

hope it helps

calvindk
Creator III
Creator III

Probably because there are no overlapping ID's and you are doing left join

If there are overlapping ID's double check that the formatting is the same.

Not applicable
Author

Dont use a table alias for the 2nd table. Please see attached mate

Cheers,

Byron

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Table 1                    Table 2               Table 3                        Table 4

ID                               ID                    CID                                CID

Branch                       Amount              ID                                Balance

Dept                                                   Dept

Date                                                    Date

Table 1  (LEFT JOIN ) Table 2  (CONCATENATE) Table 3  LEFT JOIN Table 4 

Now the Balance becomes a null field but when I remove the concatenate the Balance has values. And I want just a big FACT Table.

Not applicable
Author

Originally you gave us 2 tables to work with now you have 4. If your requirement has changed please let me know exactly what you working with and what your desired output would be, then I can put something together for you

Not applicable
Author

reason is that no any id are common in both table. so amount display null.

Not applicable
Author

(thumbsup)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry about that initially I thought it was overlapping ID's as Anders Møller stated but i realised it has to do with the model. The above is the requirement I went to merge all into one Fact Table as the desired output.But it seems the Balance field becomes null when i use my approach.Help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

But there is CID in Both Table 3 and Table 4...........so when i select CID is should relate to the Balance right?