Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sum Formula

Hi I am having a nightmare with a sum formula;

i wish to show the sum of all article variation (ListPrice/BasePrice) over time dimension.

i have attached an example qvw whereby i can get all variations on the item level to work, but not over time in the chart.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Bradley

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Brad!

I test it and I think it work, only not sure that the result is correct. Something that I miss is that the espression ListPricex must be before the expression Compare ListPrice. Try to do that.

Best,

Yani

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Which column you have issue with? Is it Compare ListPrice SEK/BasePrice SEK?

Regards

MultiView

Not applicable
Author

That is correct.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you must have aggregate function. Try this "=(ListPricex - Sum(BaseListprice * ExchangerateEUR)) / Sum(BaseListprice * ExchangerateEUR)".

Yani

calvindk
Creator III
Creator III

You have made a very common mistake. The problem is that the BaseListPrice is not unique for the dimension. You need a way to pick which baselistprice to use for a given product

This can be handled either by summing (which is probably what you want)

or any other aggregate function

Not applicable
Author

Hi Yani!

thank you for your reply

unfortunately that did not work.

can you suggest any other tips?

Best,

Brad

Not applicable
Author

hi Anders!

Thanks for the advise:

is it possible to sum on the expression value ListPricex?

i have tried

(sum(ListPricex) - Sum(BaseListprice * ExchangerateEUR)) / Sum(BaseListprice * ExchangerateEUR).

syntax incorrect.

calvindk
Creator III
Creator III

What you want is something like this

(ListPricex -

(SUM( BaseListprice*ExchangerateEUR) / Qty)

)

/

(

SUM( BaseListprice*ExchangerateEUR) / Qty

)

calvindk
Creator III
Creator III

bracoy01 wrote:

is it possible to sum on the expression value ListPricex?

i have tried

(sum(ListPricex) - Sum(BaseListprice * ExchangerateEUR)) / Sum(BaseListprice * ExchangerateEUR).

syntax incorrect.

While you can correct the syntax, you are already using a sum. Qlikview does not allow sum of sums unless you aggr in between

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The issue in short is that BaseListprice and ExchangerateEUR  fields are not aggregated.

1 - Add a new expressions with the label : sBaseListPrice and definition sum(BaseListprice)

2 - Add a new expressions with the label :  sExchangerateEUR and definition avg(ExchangerateEUR)

3 - Change your Compare ListPrice..definition to (ListPricex - (sBaseListprice * sExchangerateEUR)) /(sBaseListprice * sExchangerateEUR)

or alternatively

(ListPricex - (sum(BaseListprice) * avg(ExchangerateEUR))) /(sum(BaseListprice) * avg(ExchangerateEUR))

Regards

MultiView