Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connected iFrames showing Objects with singleobject.htm

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I hope to find help from you with this problem:

We have a webbased system where i want to show on a certain page various objects from a qvw-file. I am using the singleobject.htm since I need to use iFrames for the integration. This works pretty good, i use dynamic urls to filter the objects fitting to the data in the base system.

My problem is:

Having two singleobject.htm-iFrames with objects on one page in the web-system, they seem to be independent of each other. So when I filter the object in one of the iframes, the data don't get filtered in the second iframe.

What can I do to connect these iframes with each other?

Thanks a lot in advance, ideas or experience would be great.

Kind regards,

Martin

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

maybe I can extend my question a little bit... I do not need to use singleobject-Integration but can also use the workbench-functionalities (div-integration) to show the objects.

Unfortunately the problem/question remains how to show objects in different iframes which nevertheless interact with each other... no ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Martin

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

Do these two QV objects need to be separated by some content?  What I mean is, would you be able to have them both be in the same iFrame together and interact together?  If so, we're talking about a much easier solution I think.

Not applicable
Author

That is exactly my problem. The system allows to insert foreign web content, but only in iframes. These iframes can pretty much be on all positions and sizes I want them but nevertheless i think i need one for each object if I want them to be properly on the positions i want them.

Of course i don't care in which way the objects are integrated (singleobject or div-integration or any other way), they just need to be connected to each other.

Thanks,

Martin

Brian_Munz
Employee
Employee

I created a tool that allows you to assemble and show multiple QV objects, but it has to be in a single iFrame.  They'll be connected to each other, but again it has to all be in the same iFrame window.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4225

Take a look and let me know if this helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Brian,

that is definitely a nice one and i think i will use for other issues.

Unfortunately it won't solve my actual problem. Don't you think there are ways e.g. via JavaScript to "sync" objects/pages in different iframes?

Thanks,

Martin