Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Problem ctd. - display of last drilldown level in a textbox

Hi,

[I'm sorry, but I have to give a little background so you will understand my exact problem - feel free to read just the second part first and read this if needed].

I actually had this problem before and it was satisfactorily solved, but by now I have made some changes and it doesn't work quite satisfactorily anymore:

In my current document (a straight table diagram), I have two different datasets:

- Variable turnover (that's basically all the data from our database) where I calculate the actual turnover based on the fields - but it's not actually in one of the
   fields, it is calculated only in the diagram.

- Fixed turnover: That comes from an Excel sheet that is concatenated to one of the tables and the amount is in a separate field (that has a 0 value in all other
   records).

Now, because I have a drilldown group and the variable turnover can be broken down in certain categories, but the fixed costs cannot - there are nine items that constitute the fixed costs - I could not use the same fieldname in my drilldown group, else the diagram would display the subcategories only valid for fixed costs on the next-lower detail_level of the variable turnover and v.v. - so I implemented a dynamic dimension in my drilldown group. And here comes the problem:

I have a dynamic dimension (an IF-clause deciding which of two fields to use) in a drilldown group. That seems to work fine - only something else based on this does not: I have a textbox always displaying the last_selection_made in this drilldown group - that is, it displays the next_upper level and the exact item the user has just drilled into.

The code of this is:

= pick(match(GetCurrentField(Ebene), 'Umsatzart', 'Zuordnung_Fix', 'Zuordnung_Var', 'Packplatz', 'CommentCode', 'DeliveryBin'), ('ShipDay:'), ('Umsatzart: ' & Umsatzart), ('Umsatzart: ' & Umsatzart),
('Zuordnung: '& Zuordnung_Var), ('Packplatz: '&Packplatz), ('CommentCode: '&CommentCode))

The trouble is: In the places where I have specified 'Zuordnung_Fix' and 'Zuordnung_Var', respectively, the textbox does not display anything because QlikView doesn't recognize those names - it knows only that IF formula. I can enter something in the label field for that formula, but that is disregarded as it seems.

Can anybody help me in finding how I can get that textbox to work again? Can I maybe put that formula in a variable or something?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Reply
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Forget this - this is solved. I have just used an ISNULL function to determine when that textbox would normally not return a value (because of that formula) and in those cases I just have it display a static text.

This is solved then. I guess that scenario will still cause some trouble further down the line, but then I'll make a new discussion.

Best regards,

DataNibbler