Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Count visible rows in Title within a Straight Table

Hi all,

I am looking to do something very simple, however having reviewed numerous posts / help documentation and Googling - it does not appear to be simple!!

Can someone please tell me how I can dynamically display the number of visible rows in a Straight Table in the Title?? How is this not an OOTB feature?

I need to do this quite extensively across numerous objects in multple applications.

Some caveats if I may:

• I do not want to use macros (as this causes issues for Access Point users)
  • I would like a reusable solution that will not break if I change an expression or dimension
  • I am happy to explicitly call out the object name if required - this is a minor overhead and will not change

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Alan

(Edit: The count should be displayed in the Title)

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

count(aggr(1, Dim1, Dim2,..., DimN). Dim1, Dim2,...DimN are the dimensions in your chart. But you will have to change the expression if you change the dimensions in your chart. The only other option is using macro's.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
calvindk
Creator III
Creator III

Maybe Count(Total RowNo())

It depends on if you need it in the same object or in a different object i guess.

Not applicable
Author

Gysbert,

Thanks for your response.

I was hoping that there was some approach which let me look at a particular object and display some simple characteristics rather than have to match up expressions / dimensions. The above function should do it however I have to remember to keep everything in sync

I should have mentioned that I was looking to have this count in the title. I have updated my post now to mention this.

Thanks again.

Alan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anders,

Thanks for your response.

I should have mentioned that I need the count to appear in the title!! (Main post updated to reflect this now).

Unfortunately Count(Total RowNo()) will not do this.

Thanks anyway.

Alan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI Portolad,

Here follow this answer to post of john witherspoon:

http://community.qlik.com/message/87139

Neetha

Not applicable
Author

Hey Gysbert,

the expression you suggested here is giving me almost double of the actual number. Can you tell me what could have gone wrong?