Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ysiroong
Contributor III
Contributor III

QlikView Toolbar Showing as menu.

One of my users are having issues with the toolbar for Qlikview 11.  He's on Internet Explorer 8 and when he opens a qvw file through AJAX, the toolbar loads on the left hand side and runs vertically down the screen.  I've tried to recreate the issue on my end but am unable to.  I've tried to drag the bar back into place to no avail.

Does any one know what might be causing this and what can be done to move the toolbar back into the proper location?

toolbar.jpg

8 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Robert,

I am also facing the same issue. Did you find any solutions for this? If you, please let me know.

Thanks,

Sudip

ysiroong
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Unfortunately, I still haven't found a solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it only happens with IE?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

It appears you are using an iframe?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

We have the issue in IE only. Firefox it is working fine. Till date we had QlikView 9 and all are working properly in IE and firefox. This is started after upgrading QlikView 11 SR2.

Not applicable

Hi Bill,

We are just opening the dashboard from accespoint. We don't have any iFrame. The app is working properly using Plug-in in both IE and Firefox. The issue is coming only in IE when opening through AJAX.

Not applicable

For your reference.

Also you can notice that the tabs are not coming when opening in IE. But working fine in firefox.

In IE:

IE.png

In Firefox,

Firefox.png

Not applicable

Hi Robert,

Got a solution for this. If you press F12 after opening your dashboard in IE, you will get the developer tools and you can see Document Mode. Change that to IE 8 standards - for me, after changing this, the dashboard opens properly.

The issue is - the dashboard was opening in Quirks mode by default and with that document mode the page is not rendering properly.

The DOCTYPE is send by the app i.e. QV Accesspoint. So if you can help me where to set the DOCTYPE in QV server so that the document mode will be set automatically.

Thanks,

Sudip