Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Settings conflict? Something is boycotting QV - please help

Hi,

I have the issue that, in a straight table diagram - or rather, on it - I have some textboxes that I only want to be displayed under certain circumstances. Principally, I know how to do that - in the properties dialog, on the "layout" tab, there is an area "display". There I tick the radiobutton "condition" and write like the condition-part of an IF function, e.g. >>  Getcurrentfield(Mygroup)='Level'  << - no "=", only the condition itself.

Correct so far?

Well, it does not work - the textbox should now disappear when the condition is not met, but it doesn't. I have also consulted an external consultant who confirmed that I was doing everything right and on his PC it worked when doing it exactly so - but that doesn't help matters 😉

I do know by now that settings in different places in QlikView can influence one another - e.g. cell colour: That can be set via the context menu "cell formatting", but also on the "visual" tab of the properties dialog - and those settings are both applied, causing unexpected results.

Can anybody think of anything in the sheet_settings, document_settings, user_settings or elsewhere that might disable this conditional display?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Reply
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

I reviewed this issue today together with an external QV consultant and there certainly seems to be a bug somewhere: In another QV document, this works just fine. Only in this very document it does not.

Well, I will mark this as solved as it cannot be helped for the moment.

Best regards,

DataNibbler