Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to get correct Average time Gauge Chart

Hi,

I have a Gauge Chart that looks like a speedometer, which I need to represent my average fix times.  I have a field called (fix_time_true), which pulls out the fix time on each incident.  However in my guage chart, the speedometer shows correct, however in the Presentation Tab -> and text in chart section, I have the following code - =avg(fix_time_true).  However this pulls it out as 0.0464400008 and it should show an average of 1:06:52. 

The fix time is in seconds and in the load script I ran the following ,interval(time(fix_time/86400, 'hh:mm:ss')) as fix_time_true.

Regards,

Jon Ditchfield

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Have you already tried somthing simple like =time(avg(fix_time_true))?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Have you already tried somthing simple like =time(avg(fix_time_true))?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help mrdaan, I was being a bit of an idiot .  I was looking at my times and then trying to work out the average so for example I was trying to work out the average of 00:00:01 and 00:00:03, which obviously would be 00:00:02.  However I forgot that the list box I am using to look at the fix time only contains the distinct time.  I noticed that there was probably 15 00:00:01 and only one 00:00:03. 

In the end I had to run =interval(time(avg(fix_time_true))) as some of my times are over 24 hours.

Not applicable
Author

Jonathan,

on another note. It's advisable to keep your load script as simple and plain as possible, i.e.: in seconds or with timestamps. your fixtime will then be timestamp_end-timestamp_begin which will return an integer. All the necessary formatting can then be done in the front-end, this will save time-consuming errors and keep your scripts simple. It will also allow you to build faster apps.