Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE plugin problem on first opening / performance problem (partly solved)

PROBLEM 1: We upgraded our internal environment to a new server using Windows Server 2008 and QlikView 9. Before, using QV 8.5 and Windows Server 2003, the opening of QV documents through the IE plugin lasted only several seconds. Using ou new server the opening of a QV document by IE plugin takes more than 30 seconds! It does not matter how big the document is, even the standard QlikView demos take more than 30 seconds to open. If you open another document in the same IE window, the opening is very fast again.

SOLUTION: Turn off the local firewall on the QlikView Server system.

PROBLEM 2: Anothing thing I noticed is that when you try to open a document the first time after you turned on your local system, a page not found error is shown, after refresh or a second try the document is opened.

Does anyone have some suggestions what I can try to fix the second problem?

18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Mark,
No suggestions, just info:
I have QV Server 9 on Windows Server 2003, and it works fine. Small documents opens in a sec. There is a large one, it takes 10 sec to open first time, and momentarily next time, as expected. I suspect that youe issue is Windows 2008 specific.
Did you try preload feature?

Not applicable
Author

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your message. I just managed to fix the problem, the Windows Firewall on the Windows 2008 Sever was slowing down the plugin in some way. After turning it off, it is fast again. 🙂

Regards,

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I can imagine it was a headache to figure out. Really good to know, thanks Mark.

Not applicable
Author

Turning off the local firewall fixes the performance problem, but the "page not found" problem on first opening is still there. I can't get away anymore by saying to my colleagues the QlikView server is still sleeping in the morning and that you need to awake it first.. Big Smile

"Page not found" problem:
When you try to open a document the first time after you turned on your local system, a page not found error is shown, after refresh (of the page in IE) or a second try the document is normally opened. Some colleagues were even mentioning that is occurs multiple times a day, but I can't confirm that myself. It happens for sure the first time you open a QV document through the plugin in the morning, and on every local system. (so not only the first one that tries) Opening the Accesspoint page does not have this problem.

Does anybody know what causes the "page not found" problem and how it can be fixed?

Configuration: Windows 2008 Server x64 and QlikView Server 9 x86 (not x64 because lack of support of certain ODBC drivers)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No any effect of Preload options? I thought they added it in QVS 9 for this sort of problems.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Michael,

Preloading is set to always, do you think that that causes the problem? I will turn it off tomorrow.

regards Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I thought it would help to solve the problem. Well, it wouldn't hurt to try other options.

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately turning on or off the preloading does not make a difference. Any other options that I can try, nobody else has the same problem?

regards Mark

Not applicable
Author

Anyone? Can somebody confirm that using Windows 2008 server, Qlikview 9 Server and opening documents through the IE plugin does work without problems?