Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE plugin problem on first opening / performance problem (partly solved)

PROBLEM 1: We upgraded our internal environment to a new server using Windows Server 2008 and QlikView 9. Before, using QV 8.5 and Windows Server 2003, the opening of QV documents through the IE plugin lasted only several seconds. Using ou new server the opening of a QV document by IE plugin takes more than 30 seconds! It does not matter how big the document is, even the standard QlikView demos take more than 30 seconds to open. If you open another document in the same IE window, the opening is very fast again.

SOLUTION: Turn off the local firewall on the QlikView Server system.

PROBLEM 2: Anothing thing I noticed is that when you try to open a document the first time after you turned on your local system, a page not found error is shown, after refresh or a second try the document is opened.

Does anyone have some suggestions what I can try to fix the second problem?

18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Did you try to install a newest version of QvPlugin?

Not applicable
Author

renetecki wrote:
Did you try to install a newest version of QvPlugin?<div></div>

Yes, same problem on the SR1 plugin at this moment.

Not applicable
Author

Just a suggestion, instead of turning the firewall off completely just allow the following in the inbound rules as suggested by our network administrator.

qvwebserver.exe

QVS.exe

qvpublishercommandcenter.exe

qvdirectoryserviceconnector.exe

Qlikviewdistributionservice.exe

I think that you would only really need to allow the qvwebserver.exe for the IE plugin to work quicker but by allowing these it has worked for us.

Not applicable
Author

I have the Same Slow opening issue raised with Support: we are also using ver 9 on Win 2008 server.

Not applicable
Author

i am also facing the same issue where in when the document is opened for the first time it gives error "page not found" and opens on 2nd attempt

regards

Peter

Not applicable
Author

David,

thanks For The inbound Rules Suggestion, I can conform that Sorted the Issue the issue for us using Win 2008 R2 with v9 SR1 and the ie plug in

Cheers

Not applicable
Author

Support came back on the ie Plug in Issue which explains the Delay as Follows:

The communication between the Plugin client and the QlikView Server is transmitted over a protocol called qvp, which uses port 4747.
However, if this port is not open, the plugin will instead try to tunnel via port 80. This seems to be what is happening in your case, as you can access the documents fine, but with a delay.

If you would be using the AJAX client instead, all traffic will be sent via port 80.

Hope this sheds some more light on how things work!

Not applicable
Author

Hi David,

Setting the inbound rule woreked for me: )

I had the same problem on windows server 2008. Everything worked fine after

setting the inbound rule for QVS.exe.

Cheers,

Anze

maneshkhottcpl
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Mark,

I m facing the same problem(Problem 1). Can u please suggest the steps to Turn of the Local firewall on the QlikView Server system.

I am using Qvs 9.0 on Windows server 2003 SR2.

Please help to sortout the issue.