Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE Plugin - Direct access to report without server window?

Hi There

We want to distribute access to a single report to IE Active X plugin users. Currently they use plugin_showdocument.htm and navigate to the report in the Server window that pops up.

Is there a way I can create a web page that will point directly to the report without the need to navigate the server file structure?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, that's not required. Everything sent as parameters (document=something) to opendoc.htm will be transformed into a qvp-link, so the IIS is not involved trying to find the document.

You could try accessing the file directly using qvp:

qvp://server/folder/qvdoc.qvw

I can use both qvp://server/folder\qvdoc.qvw and qvp://server/folder/qvdoc.qvw

If the above works, I guess it could be browser-related when passing the parameters to opendoc.htm. I'm currently running IE8 and I know there are differences between IE:s way of sanitizing URL:s from invalid characters.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Sure,

You can use a link like http://server/qvPlugin/opendoc.htm?document=mydoc.qvw.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply. I've looked on the server and cannot find a webpage called opendoc?

Not applicable
Author

My mistake the opendoc.htm is there, one last problem though, the report is in a subfolder but when I try:

http://server/qvPlugin/opendoc.htm?document=myfolder/mydoc.qvw.

this doesn't work, can you help?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Yes no joy. Do I need to point IIS at the subfolder?

Bjorn_Wedbratt
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, that's not required. Everything sent as parameters (document=something) to opendoc.htm will be transformed into a qvp-link, so the IIS is not involved trying to find the document.

If the above works, I guess it could be browser-related when passing the parameters to opendoc.htm. I'm currently running IE8 and I know there are differences between IE:s way of sanitizing URL:s from invalid characters.

Not applicable
Author

You might want to try and use the Name that you gave the folder when you mount it on QVS. For example:

If your c:\documents\ folder is mounted on QVS with a name "userdoc", then try

document =userdoc/document_name.qvw

Not applicable
Author

That was it, my work run's old version of IE. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Bjorn Wedbratt wrote:
<div></div>

Bjorn,

How can I do something similar to that (a direct url link) for AJAX client? I Also would like to send username and password as parameters.

I'm with QV9 SR4.

Thanks a lot,

Leandra