Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Size of objects in report differs from actual document

Hi,

I am having a slight problem with a report I have created: There are several textboxes (actually, only one copied several times over) with different pieces of information to be displayed in the report. However, while the boxes are all nice in the document and I can change their size just like I want, it seems to be somehow screwed in the report: When I shrink a box or drag it to be bigger, the background colouring doesn't always follow. I have to adapt the size to the contents so the boxes are fully coloured and all the text (both a text and a formula in each one) are displayed, but then I end up with different size boxes.

Can someone help me mend this?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

5 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

there is a second particularity: In the two pivot_table_diagrams, I have a caption_bar with some important info - that is not transferred to the report; When I drag the diagram over to the report, the caption bar is gone. I can enter the menu from the report and check and I see the caption bar is activated!?

Is there any way to get that into the report or would I have to use a separate textbox?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Captions don't appear in Reports. You have to add seperate textbox to get the same effect.

-Rob

Not applicable

Hi,

Reports are not WYSIWYG (What You See is What You Get). You need to constantly use the "Print preview" and work based on it.

It's annoying but that's the only way to make nice reports.

I usually copy the objects I want to put in my reports on a sheet that I hide once I'm done. This way you can resize, move, change the colors of the objects without destroying your original design.

Caption won't appear in reports as far as I'm aware...

Good luck!

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi all,

okay, I guess I'll just have to live with some limitations of the report_generator.

I have already created some textboxes. There is the same problem again, the background_colouring (and text) somehow do not fill the object_borders, so I have to draw the object bigger to get the complete content displayed and I end up with differently sized objects. Well, I have it okay-looking now.

@ Bastien

I cannot quite follow you - I have a separate report sheet as the basis for my report, too, but since the objects change somehow when I drag them onto the report, I rather change the object properties directly from the report - it also affects the object on the sheet.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable

I was talking about the properties that cannot be modified using the object properties per say e.g. when you want to resize a chart by using CTRL+SHIFT to move the legend, title or resize the chart...

Sometimes you can change all the properties you want but CTRL-SHIFT is the only way to get the object to look OK on the report.