Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What is meant by partial reload? What is its use? Please explain!

Hi All,

What is meant by partial reload? What is its use? Please explain!

Thanks,

Attitude

22 Replies
shantanu73
Creator II
Creator II

Hello Friends/Forum,

Due to some reason I can see the video.

But I want to clarrify/clear my understanding about Partial Reload. Following is me Understanding

We add the word “ADD” or ‘REPLACE is used in front of Sql statement/Load Statement.

Assuming that I had 2 tab TAB1 & TAB2

Explaintion:- In case of new record addition by add word ADD Here it will just add the record in Tab2

But in case of REPLACE it will drop the TAB2 and then put the record in TAB2. But it will Not change Tab1.

One more if, we add word ONLY after ADD or REPLACE then the ADD or REPLACE will be work only in case when Partial Reload is done from command line. And if we do normal reload from desktop then how it will behave?

I hope I had explain the scenraio.

My Question is Whether for Partial Reload we have to give the Command from Command Line or what ?

Thanks in Advance

Shantanu

shantanu73
Creator II
Creator II

Hello Deepak Vadithala,

Due to some reason I can not see the video Partial Reload. If u don't mind can u please send me the PPT of Partial Reload

Thanks in Advance

Shantanu

Not applicable
Author

Hey guys,

Using Exists in sql reload gives me this error ...SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 928, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-00928: missing SELECT keyword

Removing Where clause works...

here's my other sql:

add ONLY SQL SELECT "DWH_CR_JOB",

"DWH_CR_LOAD_ID",

"DWH_ID",

"DWH_UP_JOB",

"DWH_UP_LOAD_ID",

"MART_INITIALLY_LOADED",

"MART_LAST_CHANGE_LOADED",

"DWH_CC_NODE_ID"

FROM CDW."DM_F_PVCA2"

WHERE NOT EXISTS (DWH_CC_NODE_ID)

Any idea?

Thanks

Madhu

Not applicable
Author

Not Exists in this case appearts to need a subselect statement joined back to the root statement.  Perhaps you're thinking of Not Null ?  Check your SQL Statement in a native client.

Thanks;

Billy

Not applicable
Author

Hey, i have a problem with this. I have some tables in my script that i've already reloaded. Now i want to add 2 tables more and only reload this 2 instead of all of them.

I put ADD LOAD * in both of them. And then i press CRL+SHIFT+R (partial reload) but it begins to load ALL the tables.. why is that? or what im i doing wrong?

Thanks u so much.

Licha

Not applicable
Author

Hi Licha,

When you do the Partial Reload, make sure you are not in the script editor. This may solve your problem.

Patrick

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Attitude,

You can use ADD or REPLACE, and also the prefix only.

According to the qlikview reference Manual:

ADD:

Tab1:

load Name, Number from Persons.csv;

add load Name, Number from newPersons.csv;

During normal reload, data is loaded from Persons.csv and stored in the QlikView table Tab1. Data from

NewPersons.csv is then concatenated to the same QlikView table. See concatenated.

During partial reload, data is loaded from NewPersons.csv and appended to the QlikView table Tab1. No

check for duplicates is made.

Tab1:

select Name, Number from Persons.csv;

add load Name, Number from NewPersons.csv where not exists(Name);

A check for duplicates is made by means of looking if Name exists in the previously loaded table data (see

the function exists under exists(field [ , expression ]) (page 326)).

During normal reload, data is loaded from Persons.csv and stored in the QlikView table Tab1. Data from

NewPersons.csv is then concatenated to the same QlikView table.

During partial reload, data is loaded from NewPersons.csv which is appended to the QlikView table Tab1. A

check for duplicates is made by means of seeing if Name exists in the previously loaded table data.

Tab1:

load Name, Number from Persons.csv;

add only load Name, Number from NewPersons.csv where not exists(Name);

During normal reload, data is loaded from Persons.csv and stored in the QlikView table Tab1. The statement

loading NewPersons.csv is disregarded.

REPLACE:

Tab1:

Replace load * from File1.csv;

During both normal and partial reload, the QlikView table Tab1 is initially dropped. Thereafter new data is

loaded from File1.csv and stored in Tab1.

Tab1:

Replace only load * from File1.csv;

During normal reload, this statement is disregarded.

During partial reload, any QlikView table previously named Tab1 is initially dropped. Thereafter new data

is loaded from File1.csv and stored in Tab1.

Tab1:

Load a,b,c from File1.csv;

Replace load a,b,c from File2.csv;

During normal reload, the file File1.csv is first read into the QlikView table Tab1, but then immediately

dropped and replaced by new data loaded from File2.csv. All data from File1.csv is lost.

During partial reload, the entire QlikView table Tab1 is initially dropped. Thereafter it is replaced by new

data loaded from File2.csv.

Tab1:

Load a,b,c from File1.csv;

Replace only load a,b,c from File2.csv;

During normal reload, data is loaded from File1.csv and stored in the QlikView table Tab1. File2.csv is disregarded.

During partial reload, the entire QlikView table Tab1 is initially dropped. Thereafter it is replaced by new

data loaded from File2.csv. All data from File1.csv is lost.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The following link for part 2  is broken :

http://qlikshare.com/?p=377

Please provide a new link for the same.

Thanks and Regards,

Geeta

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni