Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patrickanderson
Partner - Contributor III

Section Access Error

Hello all,

I am at my wits end trying to figure out section access on my server. (my NTNAME is ANDERSPA)

If I open the document directly on the server remote desktop or from a local copy to my desktop,  the section access works perfectly (It reads my NTNAME and restricts row level access accordignly), however if I am trying to open from Access Point or "Open In Server" from the desktop client this box comes up:

UserID.jpg

It shouldnt prompt me and it doesnt if i open it locally, but even if i enter my user name and password it fails.

Is there some setting or something missing on the server settings?

My Section access table looks like this:

Access_Table.jpg

and my script to start the section access:

Script.jpg

I dont understand how it works fine on my desktop but fails if I enter through the server, can someone please enlighten me?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP!!!

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Patrick,

have you tried specifying the NTNAME like DOMAIN\USER ?

patrickanderson
Author

Yeah that is a good idea and I did try that before with the same error.

I tried USWPL\ANDERSPA and it worked good on desktop bad on server, same as before.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a similar problem. Security setup works fine on the desktop but on the server he keeps asking for user and password an the document is not opened.

Did you find the solution in the meantime?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Is the website in either the trusted or intranet security zone?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable

no I don't think so

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That might me the issue. IE will not pass your Username and password unless the site is in one of these two zones.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

Patrick, Does the qlikview server have the Directory service configured?

Not applicable

Greta, Do you have the directory services configured on the qlikview server?  I had to configure Active Directory in order for it work but I'm successfully using Section access with NTNAME.