Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Task issue in QMC

Hi Qlikview experts,

Following 2 patches have been installed on Qlikview server after which some tasks in QMC are not executing and some of them are in hanging state :-

1) msxml 4.0 sp2 kb936181

2) msxml 4.0 sp2 kb954430

Play and Stop button of each task are not working on Qlikview management console --> Task tab

Newly made tasks are also not executing by clicking Play button

Depedent tasks are also not executing

Qlikview server version is 11.0.11282.0

Kindly help

Regards,

Ravish

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Ravish,

Assuming you have restarted the QlikView Server computer after the updates, make sure that this computer does not have any other pending update, and that the .NET 4 Extended and Client Profiles are properly installed.

I'd recommend you to update to the most recent version of QlikView that is 11.20 SR1 release 11718 available to download in the Partner Portal or the Customer Portal.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for this quick help.

Qlikview server was rebooted perfectly and there were no pending update.

But all task were running fine prior to installation of above mentioned 2 patches.

I have 3 questions :-

1) is there any bug in Qlikview server version 11.0.11282.0?

2) have above patches installation created some issue in XML used by publisher?

3) What should be plan for installing QlikView that is 11.20 SR1 release 11718? i mean uninstall current and then install new one? or overwrite current version with new version?

Regards,

Ravish

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Ravish,

As for the Windows updates, it might be some issues, but in any case they are not documented as far as I know. What I'd do first is to reinstall the current version of QlikView Server, just by going to the Control Panel and clicking on Repair, then rebooting the computer.

As for the update of QlikView Server, as they are in the same major version (11), the installer may ask to uninstall the previous version, but that should be all. All your documents, tasks, permissions and licenses will be there.

Anyway, as in any upgrade, make sure you have a recent full backup of the folder C:\ProgramData\QlikTech

Hope that helps.

Miguel