Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis, Bookmarks and Searches

If I save a bookmark with a selection containing Searches (say ProductName = "*bag*"), the selection related to the search is ignored by Set Analysis.

Example:

Table with Product and Quantity fields.

The bookmark MyBookmark contains the selection ProductName = "*bag*"

Sum({MyBookmark} Quantity) gives the TOTAL amount for every product, disregarding the selection of the bags.

You can check this behaviour in this sample too (if you apply searches, the count of the selected rows don't change).

Is this behaviour documented or desired? Anyone has some suggestion?

Besides, obviously, not using searches ;-)...

Many thanks

Alberto Chiesa

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Alberto,

I recall seeing this issue in early 8.50 versions but if I remember correctly it was changed for.. 8.50.6261 to include the bookmarks based on searches?

I don't know which version you're testing this on nor am I sure about my versions since my memory can be a little rusty at times but definitely test in a later release if possible.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Alberto,

Per help file, this is the expected behavior of set analysis while using bookmark. Suggest you to go through various identifiers available in help file for set analysis.

Thanks

Amit

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for asking again, but where I can find the information on this behaviour?

In the help of QV 8.5 I can find only the "Set Analysis" topic. I'm missing some important part or just missing some point in this particual topic?

Finally, what you mean with "go through various identifiers"?

Many thanks for your quick and kind response.

Not applicable
Author

These are various identifiers I am talking about, I am looking at v9 help.

sum( {$} Sales )
returns sales for the current selection, i.e. the same as sum(Sales).

sum( {$1} Sales )
returns sales for the previous selection.

sum( {$_2} Sales )
returns sales for the 2nd next selection, i.e. two steps forward. Only relevant if you just made two Back operations.

sum( {1} Sales )
returns total sales within the application, disregarding the selection but not the dimension. If used in a chart with e.g. Products as dimension, each product will get a different value.

sum( {1} Total Sales )
returns total sales within the application, disregarding both selection and dimension. I.e. the same as sum(All Sales).

sum( {BM01} Sales )
returns sales for the bookmark BM01.

sum( {MyBookMark} Sales )
returns sales for the bookmark MyBookMark.

sum({Server\BM01} Sales)
returns the sales for the server bookmark BM01.

sum({Document\MyBookmark}Sales)
returns the sales for the document bookmark MyBookmark.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Alberto,

I recall seeing this issue in early 8.50 versions but if I remember correctly it was changed for.. 8.50.6261 to include the bookmarks based on searches?

I don't know which version you're testing this on nor am I sure about my versions since my memory can be a little rusty at times but definitely test in a later release if possible.

Not applicable
Author

You are perfectly right: I was running a not-fully-updated version.

I updated to SR5 and now it's working flawlessly!

Many, many thanks for the suggestion.