Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to interpret this error message?

Hi all,

We go this on the QVS with no QV Publisher:

(2013-01-07 04:11:01) Error: The task "0553 Australia/Finance/SL_0553_Credit control aged debt report.qvw" failed. Exception:

(2013-01-07 04:11:01) Error: QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

(2013-01-07 04:11:01) Error: Parameter name: stringToUnescape

(2013-01-07 04:11:01) Error:    at System.Uri.UnescapeDataString(String stringToUnescape)

(2013-01-07 04:11:01) Error:    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.GetFileName(String path)

(2013-01-07 04:11:01) Error:    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)(2013-01-07 04:11:01) Error:    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

(2013-01-07 04:11:01) Error:    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

but when I relaod it manually it works fine.

How to know/see what is worng?

Thanks

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

did you find an answer ?

I Just had the same issue (see message bellow).

This QVW is triggered by EDX, and the batch that do the trigger retry after 3 min if there is an error.

3 min after, the reload was done successfully.

When it failed the QVW reload is not even started, because there is no log for the QVW, there is only a log for the task.

It's a batch that run without issue for few weeks now. And suddenly it fail once.

It's a qvw with no trigger, it's only building QVD.

So It look more like an issue with the distribution service ?

(I don't have Publisher, just the server as all the task are run by external events)

Stephane.

(2013-04-14 07:16:35) Error: The task "Base Folder/SALESORDER_WFJ_FHKG.qvw" failed. Exception:

(2013-04-14 07:16:35) Error: QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

(2013-04-14 07:16:35) Error: Parameter name: stringToUnescape

(2013-04-14 07:16:35) Error: at System.Uri.UnescapeDataString(String stringToUnescape)

(2013-04-14 07:16:35) Error: at QDSMain.DistributeTask.GetFileName(String path)

(2013-04-14 07:16:35) Error: at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

(2013-04-14 07:16:35) Error: --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

(2013-04-14 07:16:35) Error: at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

(2013-04-14 07:16:35) Error: at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Stephane,

In my previous post, I mentioned the job run just fine between work hours (either manually or via scheduled), but failed at 3am. Since this happened at the client site, my research was limited to the server environment itself. After some digging, It seems the issue was the permission (at least that what' I've been told by the admin of that firm).

He only allowed the domain account I'm using only active after 8am-5pm (not sure how he can do that), but once he's aware of that restriction, we haven't had any problem since.

It seems your case is different, but I'll give it a shot. Since the QVW is only creating QVD, I assume the task is simply connect to database and dump its content? If you run the task manually, can you monitor how long the wait when establishing connection to database? (typically it shows a connection string line, and the word: Connected...)

I've seen the attempt of connecting to database that takes almost 2 min  & may explain why your task was successful after 3-min waiting period.

Not sure if it helps, but I found this thread in community:

http://community.qlik.com/thread/47353

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3024

Cheers,

Anton

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Had the issue this week-end again. It's very punctual.

This time 3 jobs could not start, in the same 4 min interval.

As the QVW was not even started, I think it's not linked to a database connection. I will have seen a trace in the QVW log. But there was no log.

As you had this issue linked to a domain account, the only guess I could make is that the domain could not response on time or at this moment, and this generated the error we had. (perhaps it was down for few second / minutes).

I will investigat on this side.

Thank-you for your imput.

Best regards, stephane.