Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Join tables with expression

I know this is an ignorant question, but how can I use values in one record from two different tables. In the picture below, I want to only get the Discount from Table2 matching on category instead of all values as it is now. Easy in sql but I haven't figured it out in Qlikview yet. I would like to avoid altering the load script if possible.

Capture_04 May. 20.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You should associate the tables in the script by giving the category fields the same name. That's the easy Qlikview equivalent of your easy sql join. You can do it in expressions. You will also throw away the advantages of Qlikviews in-memory database and very likely enjoy horrible performance.

Try: if(Table1_category = Table2_category, Discount)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You should associate the tables in the script by giving the category fields the same name. That's the easy Qlikview equivalent of your easy sql join. You can do it in expressions. You will also throw away the advantages of Qlikviews in-memory database and very likely enjoy horrible performance.

Try: if(Table1_category = Table2_category, Discount)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks again for your help Gysbert. I'm working to make this work but it will require two associations which unfortunately at the moment is causing a loop. I'm trying to understand why now; I'll let you know the results. Thanks again.