Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expired Named CALs

Hi all,

I have a question about expired named CALs: in our server I see that 5 Named CALs are assigned but 4 of them are unused more than 24 hours ago, so I can delete them manually, but I don't understand why qlik does not delete them automatically.

Is that a way to improve the usage of session CALs?

Thank you in advance

Carlo A. Babini

8 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Carlo,

You can use the QlikView Power Tools and schedule a task to run it from time to time and remove those assignments.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel, wow QVPowerTools is amazing! but I am not able to delete named cals that are unused more than 24 hours ago, I tried with:

"qv-user-manager.exe -r CAL"

but it returns:

No CALs to remove on QVS@server

No Document CALs to remove from 'file1.qvw' on QVS@server

No Document CALs to remove from 'file5.qvw' on QVS@server

I am sure that there is almost 1 named CAL unused.

Am I doing it wrong or there is no way to do that?

Carlo

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Carlo,

The option "--remove cal" will remove only those who have been unused (inactive) longer than 30 days, not 24 hours. That may be your case.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

charlotte_qvw
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Miguel

Is there a way to rmove cals which have been unused for > 24 hours but < 30 days?

thank you, charlotte

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Charlotte,

It's working for me. What message are you getting?

Regards.

Miguel

charlotte_qvw
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thanks Miguel

I can't get vary the length of time cal has not been used for ie if i run qv-user-manager.exe --remove cal it just removes cals not used for over 30 days.

What if I want to remove all cals not used for over 10 days? Maybe this isn't possible at present? It could be quite useful going forward.

charlotte

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Charlotte,

You are right. As this is a compiled executable, there are rules you cannot customize. In the thread for the Power Tools here, you can leave a comment asking for this feature to be added in next releases.

Kind regards.

Miguel

charlotte_qvw
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

thanks Miguel, will comment in the other post