Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Limit Dimensions in graph

Dear,

I have 2 problems:

-1) The first one: I would like to limit the dimension in my graph

For exemple, I've

|  Period    | Unit          | Sales|

|  01 2013  | Volume     |    10 |

|  01 2013  | Revenue € | 150€|

|  02 2013  | Volume     |   25€|

|  02 2013  | Revenue € | 375€|

I would like to do a graph just on Volume.

So I need to put a "Unit" Filter just on this graph (not in the global filter).

Do you know  how I can do that ?

-2) The other graph problem:

On a pie chart I would like to represent just the last record of the selected period.

Exemple: I would like to shaw on the pie chart (to describe the part of each product) , the quantities sold of the last periode (if january to december is selected, just shaw the split on december).

Thanks

Tony

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tony

For item 1.

Your current expression will be something like: Sum(Sales), in order to give you only Volume change the expression to Sum({<Unit={'Volume'}>} Sales)

Not sure about item 2, to get a response on that, add another entry into the forum just for that problem, I'll have a think about it but really not sure at the moment.

Cheers,

Nigel.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tony

For item 1.

Your current expression will be something like: Sum(Sales), in order to give you only Volume change the expression to Sum({<Unit={'Volume'}>} Sales)

Not sure about item 2, to get a response on that, add another entry into the forum just for that problem, I'll have a think about it but really not sure at the moment.

Cheers,

Nigel.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

About #2.

If Period is formatted as dual, that is it has numeric equivalent, this expression will work

sum({<Period={"$(=max(Period))"}>} Sales)

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Thanks at all.

And if the period is not numeric but I have two colomuns with in the first one "Year" and in second " Quarter" like:

| Year |Quarter | Period   |Unit | Sales|

| 2012|    1      | Q1 2012|  10  | 50    |

| 2012|    2      | Q2 2012|  15  | 75    |

| 2011|    1      | Q1 2011|  4    | 20    |

How can I do ?

Cheers,

Tony

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tony

The easy way is to use Michael's suggestion above.

You are saying that period is not a numeric, but you can adjust this in the load script by using the DUAL function so that QlikView displays text but treats the column as numeric.

At the moment you probably have something like

Load Year, Quarter, Period FROM YourCalendarTable;

Change this to something like:

Load Year, Quarter, DUAL(Period, Year + (Quarter * 10000)) as Period FROM YourCalendarTable;

This will change the period to a numeric value for the purposes of sorting etc but will still display the text values you want in a chart.

Regards,

Nigel.

Not applicable
Author

Oh sorry, there is a mistake.

In my column Quarter data are like Q1 Q2 ... and not 1 2 ..