Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Identify record/s which is/are present in all periods

Dear Community,

I hope you will be able to help me solving a problem - I have searched a lot for a solution but unfortunately I haven't found any.

I want to count records which are present in all (time) periods, think of this simple table:

LOAD * INLINE [

Year, Customer

2010, A

2010, B

2010, C

2011, B

2011, C

2012, C

];

If you take a look at this table you'll see that the customer "C" will be present in all years, so in this example a Count Distinct (CustomerID for example) would return 1. I've implemented a static solution which is a combination of 3 intersect set analysis (for current 3 years) but this expression would cause heavy troubles if the user wants to analyze an additional year.

Do you have any idea how this could be implemented?

Thanks in advance!

Tom

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

A straight table with Customer as dimension and as expression sum({<Customer={'=count(distinct Year)=count(total distinct Year)'}>} 1) should show the customers that are present in all the selected years. You can hide the expression if you want.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Maby this:

= IF(AGGR(COUNT(DISTINCT Year), Customer) = COUNT(TOTAL DISTINCT Year), 'Yes', 'No')

Cheers

Gysbert_Wassenaar

A straight table with Customer as dimension and as expression sum({<Customer={'=count(distinct Year)=count(total distinct Year)'}>} 1) should show the customers that are present in all the selected years. You can hide the expression if you want.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help!

The second solution seems to work but honestly.. I don't know how

I haven't been aware of a set analysis like <Customer={'=count(distinct Year)=count(total distinct Year)'}>

Could you maybe explain this to me?

Furthermore - this will work for a chart where you will be able to set a dimension but what about for example Text objects (it would just state "x Customer(s) are present in all periods"). Is there a possibility as well?

Thanks a lot again!

Not applicable
Author

If you would like to see only this customers, use

IF(AGGR(COUNT(DISTINCT Year), Customer) = COUNT(TOTAL DISTINCT Year), Customer, NULL()) 

As the dimension. Then tick "Hide nulls".

Gysbert: How would you use the set expression as a dimension?

Cheers

Not applicable
Author

= COUNT(DISTINCT {<Customer={'=count(distinct Year)=count(total distinct Year)'}>} Customer)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot! This works like a charm!