Google maps sample

i tried several time the google maps sample

but for it does not work

it gives : "No data to display"

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

GIS/Maps Analytics in QlikView is a very interesting topic indeed.

However, there are many technical limitations in using Google Maps (GMaps) to display QlikView KPI indicators. First of all, the drill-down, pan and selection capabilities are quite limited. Moreover, you cannot display several indicators at the same time and on the same map (background + foreground indicators), you are also limited to draw bubbles and therefore you cannot display pie/bar charts nor "real" heat maps. Finally, you cannot display QlikView KPIs on specific Sales/Business Areas with GMaps such as the Bricks in the Pharmaceutical sector (Brick = aggregation of zipcodes).

On top of that, there are also a few "commercial" aspects to be considered since many QlikView customers & channel partners use GMaps API "FREE" Key inside their QlikView server or rich client without complying with GMaps license terms...Indeed, for "professional internal use" (intranet, extranet or internet with username/password authentication to QlikView application), you must buy GMaps API "Premier" which costs about 10,000 $ USD per year or 8,500 euros per year + possible extra fees depending upon the total number of daily hits.

A few alternatives exist such as Open Street Map (totally FREE) or other WMS/TMS services. I hereby suggest you to have a look at our new mapping extension for QlikView 11 SR1 namely "GeoQlik v11.6":

http://www.geoqlik.com/en/geoqlik-for-qlikview/geoqlik-v11.html

Please find hereafter a few screenshots of GeoQlik V11.6 using WMS/TMS services to display QlikView KPIs:

geoqlik_v11_demo_1.JPG

geoqlik_v11_demo_2.JPG

geoqlik_v11_demo_3.JPG

geoqlik_v11_full.jpg

Thanks and best regards,

David

@ Business Geografic

Not applicable
Author

kornholio Changing the "," &."." worked for me ?? wat am i suppose to change, can u tell me exactly where to change ??

Not applicable
Author

Changed it to what ??  have you replaced comma ',' as & or you removed it .?? Am getting no data to display in QV version 11.. ???  Can someone help .

Thanks

Sasken

Not applicable
Author

It would be helpful to know what the cost of the commerical ($$) extensions are? Does anyone know what the cost is for IdevioMaps and GeoQlik?  (please post here so all wil know)

Thank you,

Not applicable
Author

Hi Richknech,

If you would like to know GeoQlik pricing & licensing model, please drop me an email with your full professional contact details and I shall reply to you ASAP.

In the meantime, I hereby propose you to watch this video Case Study about Amsterdam-Amstelland firebrigades:

http://www.geoqlik.com/en/news/news/79-temoignage-client-les-sapeurs-pompiers-damsterdam-amstelland-...

Moreover, please find hereafter some web links to discover our brand new version GeoQlik V11.7 including outstanding new features such as integrated geocoding, flow maps analysis and much more...

http://www.geoqlik.com/en/geoqlik-for-qlikview/geoqlik-v11.html

Thanks and regards,

David GANGAROSSA
Regional Sales France, SEU & LATAM
P. +33 472 691 680 | M. +33 762 471 063
49 avenue Albert Einstein, 69100 Villeurbanne - France 
GeoQlik.com | Business-Geografic.com