Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Aggregation and Count Distinct Function

I would like a textbox in the presentation layer to count distinct employees present in both time period. The text that says 4 I need to get the answer as 2, as you can see from the table only 2 employees overlap in the time period.

The time periods are given as input box providing the users the flexibility to change time periods.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much. This greatly helps. As a followup

The actual question I had was to add a third dimension called grade and incorporate the same in the expression.I have attached the file for your reference.

I need two text boxes -

First Expression - I want to count the employees present in both time periods with same grade in both periods - The result should be 1 as you can see EmpID 2 is the only one that fits this criteria.

Second Expression - I want to count the employees present in both time periods and with only positive increase in grade points - The result should be 1 as you can see EmpID1 is the only one that fits this criteria as the grade points for ID -1 increased from 10 in 2009 to 20 in 2010. In my context it essentially calculates promotions in my dataset.

Thanks a lot for your help!